By Dale Baker
AgroChem Hoof Care Technical Expert
A recent study by a leading European authority on bovine hoof health disorders found HealMax® Footbath Concentrate by AgroChem, Inc. reduced the incidence, severity, duration and recurrence of digital dermatitis (DD) lesions in lactating dairy cows.
The study, which was conducted by Dr. Andrea Fiedler over a 115-day period, examined more than 300 cows on a commercial dairy farm in central Germany. Animals were assessed for the presence, severity and size of DD lesions in both treated and untreated cows. The results showed that cows treated with HealMax Footbath Concentrate:
• Were half as likely as controls to develop acute digital dermatitis lesions
• Were three times more likely to have acute, painful lesions change to a healing, non-painful stage
• Experienced faster healing of existing DD lesions
• Experienced DD outbreaks less frequently
• Experienced less recurrence of acute DD lesions
You can read more about the study on the Hoard’s Dairyman Website.